As credit crunch worsens as well as recession sets in, popularity of the prepaid cards still continues to increase with some good reason. The prepaid gift card have a lot of benefits that include:
- Be in control & no risk of debt – With the prepaid card, there’s not any risk of the debt and overspending since there is not any overdraft facility on the prepaid card and thus, they are the perfect way of budgeting for yourself and helping to manage the kids spending.
- Available Easily – There’re not any credit checks or no bank account will be required for getting the prepaid card that means you will get the card even though you have the bad credit history and CCJ’s providing you confirm the identity or address.
- Get Global Acceptance – To be MasterCard, Maestro or Visa branded, you may shop anywhere in this world where the scheme brands are been accepted – on Internet, over phone as well as on high street.
- Best for Travel – Lots of providers provide dollar or Euro cards and exchange rate that is better than available from the high street bureau or FX providers. You can add to this convenience to top-up the card on internet and at different top up locations.
Save on the prepaid card fees
Given the wonderful advantages of the prepaid cards, this appears very surprising that the prepaid cards haven’t been widely adopted and is down to a fact that many prepaid cards have certain fees linked to them. But, there are many ways of saving on the fees in order to make the prepaid cards the most attractive proposition.
Tips for saving fees on the prepaid card usage and application
- Application Mechanism – You may apply for the prepaid cards on internet, in store and through SMS using the phone. The SMS when convenient is generally chargeable and you can save good amount on the SMS application costs just by using some application mechanisms.
- Application Fees – Select the prepaid card very carefully. Generally, card applications cost high but there are many cards that are accessible free of charge in case you top this up with the minimum amount at an outset.